Monday, September 21, 2009

Stories from the Library: September 14-18

We've had a great first week of library classes! I met each class at the door wearing my backpacking backpack and travel get-up, ready for a journey in the library this year. As we talked about what kinds of things we might need for our library journey, I pulled various items from my pack-- a "roadmap" to library success, a few good books, and my library mouse. We talked about how opening a book is much like journeying to another world.


The students have been eager to check out books and have had many questions and suggestions for new books they would like to see in our library. If their enthusiasm during the first week is any indication of the coming year, we're heading in the right direction! 


-m.e.g.

No comments:

Post a Comment